Wine-related gifts are a very popular choice for wine lovers, but sometimes it's nice to think outside the bottle. Whether you're looking for a unique gift for a wine enthusiast or simply want to surprise someone with a creative present, there are plenty of options. In this blog, we'll explore some of the best wine gift ideas that go beyond the traditional bottle, including wine-themed accessories, books, and experiences.
- Luxe wine charms: These can be a fun and useful way for wine lovers to keep track of their glasses during parties and gatherings.
- Electric corkscrews: These make opening a bottle of wine a breeze and are a practical and stylish, truly a gift for any wine lover.
- Wine stoppers: Look for unique and artistic designs that can double as a piece of art.
- Wine-infused coffee: A slightly less obvious wine gift that can be a great addition to a wine lover's morning routine.
- Sleek wine journal: A great gift for wine enthusiasts who like to keep tabs on their best finds.
- "Wine. All The Time." by Marissa A. Ross: A fresh, fun, and unpretentious guide to wine that includes many laugh-out-loud moments.
- "The Wine Bible" 3rd edition by Karen MacNeil: A comprehensive and engaging book that covers everything from the basics of wine to in-depth information about different wine regions and varietals.
- "Cork Dork: A Wine-Fueled Adventure Among the Obsessive Sommeliers, Big Bottle Hunters, and Rogue Scientists Who Taught Me to Live for Taste" by Bianca Bosker: A captivating and entertaining book that takes readers on a journey into the world of wine and the people who are obsessed with it.
- Wine Simple: A Totally Approachable Guide from a World-Class Sommelier by Aldo Sohm. This essential guide begins with the fundamentals of wine in easy-to-absorb hits of information and pragmatic, everyday tips—key varietals and winemaking regions, how to taste, when to save and when to splurge, and how to set up a wine tasting at home.
- Wine Folly: Magnum Edition: The Master Guide by Madeline Puckette. It’s the perfect guide for anyone looking to take his or her wine knowledge to the next level.
- Wine-tasting classes: Look for local wineries or wine shops that offer wine-tasting classes or events. This can be a fun and educational experience for wine lovers of all levels.
- Wine and food pairing dinners: Treat your favorite wine lover to a special evening of delicious food and perfectly paired wines. Many restaurants offer wine-pairing menus, or you can even host your own wine and food-pairing dinner at home.
- Wine subscription boxes: Consider a wine subscription box that features unique and hard-to-find wines curated by experts in the industry. This can be a great way for wine lovers to discover new and exciting wines.
When choosing a wine gift, it's important to consider the recipient's taste preferences and the occasion. Opt for quality wines with positive ratings and reviews from wine experts such as; Wine Spectator, WIne Advocate, James Suckling, or the Vivino App. Additionally, present the wine nicely with a personalized note or a wine bag to make the gift extra special. By thinking outside the bottle and exploring unique wine-related gift ideas, you can surprise and delight the wine lovers in your life.